Saturday, March 9, 2013

About Ms. Benitez


I was born and raised in Yonkers, New York.  I always had a great interest in science (Biology) since Middle School.  I attended the University of Scranton and obtained a Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education Biology.  I have been teaching at Pacific High School since 2006.  I would like to work on a Masters in Biochemistry or Genetics.  I am currently working on a Masters of Arts in Teaching with a concentration in Educational Technology.   Both of my parents came from El Salvador.  My mom was born in the capital (San Salvador) and my dad was born in Gotera, Morazan.  I visit El Salvador often.  I am a fluent in Spanish (reading, writing and speaking).  

Hobbies: Watching tv, reading, movies, making corny science jokes, working out, running and thinking of new ways to teach Biology.  

Loves: Biology, Science, Fringe, Soccer, Dexter, House, using slang incorrectly to see students squirm, mispronouncing words, chocolate, lasagna, pizza, pupusas, zalpicon, learning about different cultures, eating different cuisines, traveling, food

I hope that you all have a wonderful year learning about Biology.  Dottie the bio dog says hi! Don't worry she will make appearances throughout the year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment